Smoke gets into places you can’t even imagine
Property damage due to fire tends to involve cleaning contents. Even the smallest fire produces not only flames but also smoke that can have far-reaching effects throughout the rest of your property. In many cases, there may also be water damage from extinguishing a fire. Don’t worry we’re ready for this!
Smoke reaches into everything - from furniture upholstery and clothing, to flooring and drywall. Our goal is to remove any hint that there was ever a fire, including the smell.
We’re extremely thorough and detailed with every item that could be affected.
Now, let’s walk through some of the specifics.
- DRY - Dry areas that are damp from extinguishing the fire
- ELIMINATE - Remove all affected structural components and interior finishings (drywall, flooring, sub-floors)
- CLEAN - Clean the structure with special chemicals and tools designed for smoke and fire damage
- FILTER - Install HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Absorbing) filters to ensure air quality
- SEAL - Apply "smoke seal" onto affected structural components
- RECONSTRUCT - Follow our standard Scope, Estimation, Approval, Materials selection, and Construction process
- RESTORE - Salvageable, affected property is brought back to Titan Construction for deodorization and restoration
- DEODORIZE - Items are placed in our ozone room for several days, clothing is sent to a specialized dry cleaner, and furniture is sent to a refinishing specialist deodorize
- LIST - Property that is not salvageable will be recorded and photographed for your "Schedule of Loss" to be submitted to your insurance company
- STORE - Once contents are clean, Titan will pack and store them until your property restoration is complete
Q: HOW LONG WILL THE RESTORATION TAKE? HOW LONG WILL I/WE GOING TO BE OUT OF THE PROPERTY?
A: There isn’t a simple answer to this question because it depends on the extent of the damage. We’ll do everything we can to get you back to your home or your place of business soon as possible, and we’ll keep you well informed.
Q: IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO HELP?
Although it’s often the natural instinct to help after a fire, our restoration specialists are experienced in taking every precaution to restore your property quickly and safely. A few things to consider are:
- Keep children and pets away from the affected area
- Avoid touching any surfaces that are affected by fire, smoke or residue
- Gather your jewelry, personal and/or professional documents (passports, birth certificates, legal documents) and your most valuable personal effects to take with you while we complete the restoration process.
Q: YOU HAVE TO TAKE ALL OF MY BELONGINGS? WHEN WILL I GET THEM BACK?
A: Smoke can affect everything, and depending on the extent of the damage, removing the odor may take some time. But if there is something you need, we can arrange for you to access the item.